Shore Health Laboratories
The Shore Health Pathology Laboratory on Bay Street in Easton, the Clinical Laboratory at the Memorial Hospital in Easton, and the Clinical Laboratory at Dorchester General Hospital, all comprise the Shore Health System Laboratories. This network of laboratories provides the highest quality, clinically relevant diagnostic testing services to physicians, nursing homes, HMOs, and hospitals on the Delmarva Peninsula.
As the regional reference lab, our services are delivered by local professionals who have real a stake in the healthcare of our communities. Our expert on-site pathologists are available for consultation as needed.
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna - All products
- Carefirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield (except BlueChoice HMO & FELRA/UFCW, XIK, XIC,FELRA/UFCW, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of DE (XHA, XHM & XHP)
- Cigna - (Caroline, Talbot, Dorchester counties)
- Coventry Healthcare of Delaware HMO
- Coventry Healthcare PPO
- HealthNet - formerly TRICARE Sierra Military
- Maryland Physicians' Care - if collected in doctor's office, or at Idlewild, Centreville, or Denton Diagnostic Centers
- Medical Assistance (except PAC programs - Patient to call to find location)
- Medicare (All patients) - regardless of secondary insurance
- NCAS - formerly Carefirst Administrators
- NCPPO (National Capital Area PPO)
- Priority Partners - if collected in doctor's office, or at Idlewild, Centreville, or Denton Diagnostic Centers
- * United Healthcare PPO Products (Choice, Choice Plus, Options PPO, MAMSI Life & Health & OneNet) - (Patient must be drawn at either Hospital Lab) (Unable to do specimens collected at offsite facilities or Physicians Offices) (Can accept OneNet for Hospital employees Group # Prefix SHS)
Insurance accepted on behalf of Quest Diagnostics**
- Cigna - (except Caroline, Talbot, & Dorchester counties)
- Mailhandler's - First Health
- TRICARE - Johns Hopkins USFHP members
- Priority Partners (DGH only!)
- Chase Braxton Program (patients will present with a Quest Diagnostic requisition with The Chase Braxton Program listed as the responsible party)
* At Diagnostic Centers, Specimens can be obtained on behalf of LabCorp.
** SHL will collect specimens and send to Quest Diagnostics for testing.